Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we test service layer maethods using QTP.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
i want to test methods written on service layer using QTP.is it possible?..though we don't have front-end ready and hence need to test service layer independently.
I am not aware of "service layer". Probably more details can help us in answering your questions better.

Judging from your question , you might want to go for Business Process Testing (BPT)
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Our application is a web based application.we are using the following technology:
Technology: J2EE, Flex 3, MySQL

I need to test methods written in service layer without having any front-end(yet to be developed).We are contemplating to create a test suite which enables us test the business logic of application written in various methods in service layer.

Query: Can we test these methods using QTP ?

I am not very sure what all is covered under BPT:-(

waiting for the reply.
Refer HP Business Process Testing Software . They also offer a pdf to get started.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
thanks for reference .i went through the pdf ... it doesn't provide the answer to the question i started this thread with :-(....if not QTP, can you please suggest some other tool to test the following:

A web based application butilt on the following technologies:

- J2EE environment using JBoss
- Deployment is on a Macintosh environment
- Services are built using Spring (http://springframework.org)
- Front-end is built using Flex (www.adobe.com/products/flex/) - still under development phase

Our needs with regards to the automated tools:

We want the capabilities to test our J2EE layer which is being built using the Spring services without a visual front-end. We have tools like testNG that are used for unit testing, but we want to extend the paradigm to do Functional testing as well.

Q1:Can we do the same with QTP?
Q2: If not QTP, Can you please suggest some other tool ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Service Pack for UFT 12 has been just released supputuri 0 1,609 12-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  How ot get big XML as a responce from web service (QTP, POST request) fdmerle 0 3,171 09-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fdmerle
Exclamation Creating Simulator using service Test Walaa Elyammany 0 2,253 08-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Walaa Elyammany
  Web Service exceptions litocar 0 2,872 08-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Last Post: litocar
  Get the Parent Folder name in Test Plan for a Test from Test Lab using QTP godsown 0 5,940 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: godsown