Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot Get UFT One/UFT 15 To Run
Not Solved
We have just upgraded to UFT 15 (UFT One) at work.

I am not a record and play UFT developer.  We do testing of our in-house web apps.  I simply start a new project and go to Record and Playback settings and set my URL and Browser and then I use Object Spy and the Repository.  I identify, save and then usually rename any objects to our naming conventions.  Then I will program something like this (just an example):

Code:
Do
Loop While Browser("name of my browser").Page("name of my page").WebEdit("fldUserLogin").Exist = False
Browser("name of my browser").Page("name of my page").WebEdit("fldUserLogin").Set DataTable("Username", dtGlobalSheet)

Do
Loop While Browser("name of my browser").Page("name of my page").WebEdit("fldPassword").Exist = False
Browser("name of my browser").Page("name of my page").WebEdit("fldPassword").Set DataTable("Password", dtGlobalSheet)

Do
Loop While Browser("name of my browser").Page("name of my page").WebButton("btnLogin").Exist = False
Browser("name of my browser").Page("name of my page").WebButton("btnLogin").Click

Yes this is very simple way of doing it, but it worked for UFT 12 through 14.
Now when I run this in UFT One (UFT 15) it does not error, but it also does absolutely nothing.  I have no indication that it ran at all.  It must be a new setting that I need to tweak that I am not familiar with in UFT One.  
I also noticed when I create a New project, I do have the Record icon and the option to add a recording.  As soon as I begin to code as above, the Record icon goes away and so does any menu option to record.   I get instead, a Capture icon which looks like the Record icon circle with lines radiating out at N,S,E and W of the circle like the scope of a gun.
If someone can just give me some help getting my first script to run in any mode but preferably Run Maintenance mode, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you,
Zune  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issue with UI Automation Addin of UFT 15.0.2 skarthick 0 1,198 02-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: skarthick
  UFT Parallel Runner raa 0 1,379 12-24-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: raa
  Unable to Close UFT 14.53 through AOM Object y.srihari 1 2,087 12-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Last Post: y.srihari
  DevExpress v15.2 Objects are not identified using UFT 14.53 diwakar 0 1,283 11-19-2019, 06:26 PM
Last Post: diwakar
  UFT Fails to Open Microsoft Word teekay99 0 640 10-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: teekay99