Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant select any Browser in "Record and Run" Web settings
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello,

I'm a complete beginner to this forum and QTP in general. I wanted to get started learning this since it seems companies are more interested in Automated testing nowadays than manual SQA that I have experience in.

Anyway, I'm trying to go through the tutorial in the program and it involves using the Web Add-in which I have selected before QTP opens. I'm up to the part where you have to put the web address into the Record and Run settings and select a browser from the drop down menu. Well, I have Firefox 3.6, IE8, and the newest Opera browsers installed on my computer and they have been installed way before I ever got the trial of QTP.

There are no browsers to select from the dropdown box.

So pretty much this tutorial is impossible for me to complete. I've looked all over the internet trying to answer this question and I seem to be the only user having this issue. Incredibly frustrating, can somebody be kind and help me out with this?

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm on Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit by the way with QTP 11
I guess this has stumped everyone. sigh. :/
For me it shows only Microsoft Internet Explorer... Thats because I have no other browsers installed...
You may try to install Windows XP mode on ur machine and then install QTP in XP mode... I am not sure if QTP supports any of the these browsers....
I would try this, but the problem is I only have windows 7 home premium, not professional so I cant use the WinXP virtual shell, unless you're thinking of some other XP mode. Thanks for the reply though.
Well I guess I'm done here, my trial just ran out. Now I cant get any basic understanding of working this. *sigh*
hmmmm...I just installed Firefox 3.6. Supposed to be compatible with my QTP 11 running on XP. Doesn't show up in the Browser list!
Just had a collegue inform me that this is a known problem and has been fixed by HP!

There is a public patch QTPWEB_00063 (which can be obtained from HP support).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.53 not able to record steps of web application rupesh doshi 3 2,548 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rupesh doshi
  How to automate/record Firefox browser using UFT Shilpa Gorantla 2 2,403 10-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: frebuffi
  Web Element: Not able to select value from drop down in Web Element. Rajeev 4 4,998 08-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Last Post: kbhargava505
  QTP 11.0 does not record web application shipu 6 6,925 08-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Last Post: riverdiego
  General run error. Line (18): "Loop while Browser("Index:=0").Object.Busy" AshokReddy 3 4,786 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Last Post: sshukla12