Poll: OR customised using QTP 11 cannot be reused in QTP 10
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
1 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant we use OR's customised using QTP 11 in QTP 10.?
Not Solved
I have QTP 11 in one machine and QTP 10 in another machine. I customised/updated the properties of the objects in the OR using QTP 11 in one machine. When I tried to reuse the same customised OR in QTP 10(in another machine), the properties of many of the objects got disappeared and the objects become unidentifiable. What may be the reason/solution for this.any out ther..please help me..i am bugged up due to this.?
Not Solved
There are slight differences in identification of objects by QTP 11 when compared to QTP 10. Visual Relation Identifier feature is available in QTP 11. Maybe this feature was enabled while you captured those objects. Well, I am not sure about this since I have never used QTP 11. Sad
Not Solved
Thanks alot..now i was able to figure out what really was the problem..!

But I want to know how to make the OR compatible to all the QTP versions... like disabling some options in QTP 11 while customising OR something else like that..? Because I will be switching between QTP 11 and QTP 10 often due to resource shortage..can any one out there help me.??
Not Solved
Try capturing objects in QTP 11 after disabling Visual Relation Identifier and check whether OR is working in QTP 10.