Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Action location ?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I need to change the action location (saving it in a different path than the default). I'm working with a teammate and we're using SVN so we need to avoid conflicts (creating new actions will have the same name)

how can this be done ?

Thanks
Having two actions with same name and in the same folder is not possible. also more than one person can not work on the same action at the same time. either of you will only be able to work at a time, do a checkout first before working on an action

Saket, thanks for your quick reply.
But, my case is that I created a new action and at the same time another person creates an action (the two actions say will be Action 20) so we need to commit our changes, so both Actions will conflict with each other as they have the same name.

Thanks.
How are you creating actions ?? Is this one qtp login with 2 people which is not possible ??

I guess we are not getting the gist of your question. Can you please explain the situation in a better, detailed manner.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
I think the query is specific to SVN, there is nothing to do in QTP with this. If you want to avoid name conflicts,
Try to have a better communication with your team mates
Use proper naming conventions relevant to your functionality you are working on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you Change Run mode mid script? Caleytown 6 6,504 03-25-2021, 08:27 AM
Last Post: RB26578
  How to paste file location in QTP camillelola 0 1,332 08-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Last Post: camillelola
  [UFT] Change property of object (WpfButton) robertosalemi 2 2,485 11-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Dynamic change of name for Webtables prakashreddy 1 2,269 10-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  How can I change my test folders, globally? atester 0 1,879 10-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Last Post: atester