Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the datasheet
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I have an application that I need to simulate serveral days worth of transactions. I would like to use a datasheet for each day instead of a single sheet with some identifier column, is that possible? I can't find a reference to be able to change the sheet attached to the Action. Ideally I would like to set an action input parameter from Quality Center for the day then load a datasheet based on that value...1 = "DAY 1"....etc. Any thoughts?
use Datatable.Importsheet to import a sheet in the the data table.

ImportSheet didn't seem to work. I did however get Import to work and I found a script that only needed a few tweaks to retreive the file from a directory in QC then load into the Test. It works ok. The only real issue is the the test will run the number of iterations (all rows) based on the "default" attached sheet even if the imported sheet has less data. Maybe i'll get that figured out soon. Also had a little trouble getting "Formula One" to not error. Formula One doesn't like spaces in the column names either.

Thanks for the help.
Hi,
Please implemet this logic in your script, it may helpful to u
1.Lets take u r going to use 100records of data in excel sheet under sheet1
2. On first day u have done some transactions u many add some data or delete the data then copy the entire updated data and paste that data in sheet2(Day1)
3.Now you will do some transaction and add some data or delete some data then copy the entire updated data ana pste that data in sheet3(Day2)
;;;
;;;
;;;
like this proceed as many days u want

Finally if u wnat to make the summary sheet for all these sheets (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,.....)
Please get the required columns from different sheets and paste it in another excel sheet (Summarysheet)

This is the way u can proceed
Please let me know if i am going in wrong direction...

We could do the entore process by using vb script.
Please let me know if you need any thing apart from this..
hi - best to do is to ImportSheet. Then count how many rows you have imported. use that data to manipulat hawo many time the scripts will run..You can user For..Next to do that..

Thanks.

mhicke

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  export UFT datasheet to excel and then append Mozza 0 1,634 09-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Mozza
  Window Name Change Every time gutocruz03 10 5,897 03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  VAlue from datasheet is not being picket up Mala 5 3,442 02-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Mala
  How to change script for checkbox from Dropdown list mufiani 2 4,145 01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Last Post: mufiani
Question Test a website whose URL is going to change. lnviswa 1 4,217 09-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Last Post: vamshiram