Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkpoints - How to differential from Actual behavior to Expected Behavior
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Good Afternoon,

This is my first post here on this Forum. So please excuse me if i have not posted in the correct area.

I am fairly new to the functionality of QTP. I went thru the tutorial. I am able to perform various tests in our application, that is only when the behavior is as expected. How do i handle unexpected behavior.

Simple Scenario:

Expected:
1. url
2. enter username, password
3. Login
4. Logout

If i disable to user:
1. url
2. enter username, password
3. after clicking the Login button, it routes me to a different page saying "user has been disabled" - at this point the script just hangs and there is an exception to stop, debug or skip.

How do I handle this, so the script can complete as failed instead of throwing an exception. I understand the basics of checkpoints, but how to set a checkpoint to continue a certain way if the login button routes me to a different page.

Please advise.

Thanks,
rd
Hi,

I guess you can insert a simple checkpoint like.

Browser().Page().Webelement().check(checkpoint()) which will give you a value in the boolean and then have a reporter statement like

Code:
If Pass then
Reporter.Reportevent micpass, "Text appeared", "Test Passed"
Else
Reporter.reportevent micfail, "Text did not appeared","Test Failed"
Let us know if this helps.
Tarik,

This is stuff is very new to me. I am going to try what you started and get back to you on my progress/questions.

Thanks,
rd

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WinList Behavior marse91782 0 2,600 11-24-2016, 06:32 AM
Last Post: marse91782
  Why not Checkpoints subhashinid 0 1,473 06-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Expected End statement error Lavanya N 2 4,959 07-27-2015, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Lavanya N
  How to check expected cookies are present or not priyanka.agarwal 0 1,867 07-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: priyanka.agarwal
  Validate Numeric value is displaying expected format kalaivanan123 1 3,384 09-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul