Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clicking an item in the context menu opens up browser(IE6) but in same browser of QC
Not Solved
Hi,

I facing this problem. hope someone finds a solution. I need real quick as i am stuck with my work.

there is a context menu in my application. It has many items and one of the item is a online help which upon clicking will open up browser window.

This works find with IE7. but i need to test on IE6. when i click on the item, it takes me to the browser but it changes the URL of the Quality center and then runs the script. I dont want Quality center to be disturbed. I want this link to open up in new browser window. I did check the settings where ignore QC is enabled but still it does the same thing.

I run test sets from QC so i dont want QC to be disturbed at any cost. How do i make it work.? please help.
Not Solved
Hi,

Change the below setting in internet explorer.

Tools> Internet Options - Advanced Tab -- > Uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"

This should help you.

Let me know if this doesnt work

Thanks
Vinod..
Not Solved
I use the Quality Center Explorer Add-in to avoid using IE for just this reason. In QC, click Help, Add-Ins Page, More HP Addins to download QC Explorer and some other helpful tools. You can also Google QC Explorer to get the latest download for QC10, but it works with QC9.2 as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximize and Close a Browser mv8167 4 16,014 03-26-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Mike B
  Issue in running Scripts on Edge browser Deepa_m 0 1,534 12-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Deepa_m
  Cannot identify the specified item Beginner 0 2,327 06-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Beginner
Question Cross Browser Sync Not Working geodude 0 1,848 04-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Last Post: geodude
  How to automate/record Firefox browser using UFT Shilpa Gorantla 2 2,405 10-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: frebuffi