Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Close the Browser when the test closes'
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to QTP... I just wanted to know the significance of the checkbox 'Close the Browser when the test closes' on the Record dialog.
When I check this checkbox and record and subsequently, stop the recording, the browser window is open. If I do not check this, the effect is the same. Please let me know.

Thx.
If you try following:
Open a new test, start recording and click on checkbox 'Close the Browser when the test closes', then stop recording. Close the test (exit program or open a new test,... etc.)

Open a new test, start recording without to check 'Close the Browser when the test closes', then stop recording. Close the test (exit program or open a new test,... etc.)

In first case the browser will be closed, in second case the browser remains open. Wink
oh ok, got it. I thought 'Close the test' means stop the recording. Now I know the hidden (or maybe quite obvious) truth.. thanks a ton!
Hi,
When you change any of the Run setting options, Unless you restart the QTP setting changes won't come into picture.And this option will close the browser or application automatically, while you are closing the QTP test which runs the application. This option basically useful when you are running multiple applications through single test and no need of closes all by scripting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maximize and Close a Browser mv8167 4 16,032 03-26-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Mike B
  Close popup ad windows dustwynn 1 2,752 10-25-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  [UFT] Close opened folder robertosalemi 1 3,156 02-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Close browser code not working akilamurugesh 1 4,459 08-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Close on Exit Issue in QTP 11.0 EGBELL 1 3,065 02-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Last Post: EGBELL