Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Function Libraries
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hello Ankur,

Normally I have heard that we should have common function libraries for automation ,so I would like to know which of the common function libraries that would be require for any web based application.

I would request you to list down all the possible common function libraries that can be used in web-based application.

Nimish
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Basically, you should look at your unique situation (automation environment, testing tasks, application being tested) and come up with a list that is tailored to you. For example, at my office, we have a specialized winform application that can work on multiple clients connecting to a central database. I have a function library that is specific to reporting system resource usage (memory consumption, processor utilization, etc) so we can report if the application seems to have a memory leak. There is another library that we use for tasks that deal with accessing Quality Center information. I also have other libraries and try to keep them grouped together based on their purpose. You can have one that deals with file system, another for generating unique data, and yet another one for some other purpose. The main reason for all the function libraries is a central location to change that will update to all scripts that use the functions. I also like them since it reduces the lines of code in my QTP scripts.

Maybe this will give you a starting point.

JohnBoy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When are common times to use checkpoints? futureQTPpro 0 1,907 05-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Last Post: futureQTPpro
Exclamation Common issues while execution of scripts across multiple browsers that are supported. sunnyQTP95 5 4,460 08-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Saket
  One common code line in QTP to handle two different widows in QTP hemu_a 0 2,393 02-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Last Post: hemu_a