Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conditional Statements from Data Table
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I have a number of actions saved that work fine, I am trying to make the call to those actions work off an if statement.

I can use the if statements when basing the statement on an object in the repository however this time I want to run the if statement on the value in the data table... but I can figure out how to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated - especially if you could tell me how using the Keyword view

Thanks
G9
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Checkout the DataTable under the following help:
QuickTest Object model reference -> Utility Objects -> DataTable object.

I have used once like this to read from the global data table: DataTable("Name", dtGlobalSheet)
This will read the data under column: Name, of the row that corresponds to current iteration.
Also was able to access like this (my global data table has been just named 'Global"):
Code:
DataTable.GetSheet("Global").GetParameter("Type").value
If you look at the help, you will find some more info, so that you can access data at specific row, column.
Tips: When you read values...pay attention to the type of the data...After the value is read, may be you want to convert into String using CStr(...) so that you can compare easily...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  data table use uft_usr 1 2,107 06-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Writing to Run time data table Neetha 5 11,663 08-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Retrieving data from web table nsuresh316 1 2,957 03-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  How to get data from data table in Ascending order dipashri 1 3,449 01-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Last Post: jacosta
  Data Table Query Suma Parimal 4 4,473 01-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Suma Parimal