Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting to oracle
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi ,

I have a machine with windows Application isntalled.This application connects to an oracle database in a huge server.I got hold of the connection string of the application.

The problem is when I try to use QTP to connect to database from the client machine , Its failing to identify the provider.

The question is can we connect to the database using qtp as the db is not local .if so,What method can I use to connect ?

the application can connect to oracle.What should i do to make qtp script connect to the db ?do i need to open any ports ,firewall,increase connections in oracle pool ? I know sql server but not oracle unfortunately
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Create a DSN if you are aware of the server details and use DSN instead of connection string
you will have to use the below lines for establishing connection
Code:
Str_Connect= "DSN=<DSNName>;UID=<useridtonconnect to databas>;pwd=<password>;"
'Create Connection object
Set oCon=CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
oCon.Open Str_Connect
To check on how to create a DSN (Data source name) file or create connection strings please see the below thread
https://www.learnqtp.com/qtp-database-pa...n-strings/

Regards,
Ravi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connecting to Cognos TM1 Cube using UFT/QTP anujkabra1985 0 1,582 10-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Last Post: anujkabra1985
  Getting error while connecting from qtp to oracle sql developer. Ritanjali Pradhan 1 2,982 09-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Unspecified error while connecting database kamalteja 0 5,079 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Last Post: kamalteja
  QTP oracle addin not recognising Japplet Oracle rmanasa 9 7,001 01-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nash27
  Connecting SQL Server with QTP ritugoyal 1 3,783 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Last Post: manabh