Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Create Custom Object
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Question 
I'm trying to create a custom object because the web page is now using dojo 1.6 and tons of dijit widgets, which are not supported by the current dojo plugin.

I have successfully tweaked an existing test object, but I need to create a new one. I have added my stuff to Extensibility\Web\DojoTestObjects.xml and Extensibility\Web\Toolkits\Dojo\Dojo.xml as well as the corresponding *.js file in the location following the model of existing (and working) test objects.

I can see my object in Tools>Object Identification.... but the Spy does not identify it. Essentially, the Spy finds a WebTable, when it should find my DojoSelect.

Any advice?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi Robin,

Can you please tell me the procedure of creating customized object as i also need to develop the same.

Thanks in advance.
This is kind of my current problem, actually. I just followed the model provided by the Dojo module of the Web plugin: 2 XML files and as many JavaScript files as necessary.

Take a look in:
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\dat\Extensibility\Web
and
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\dat\Extensibility\Web\Toolkits\Dojo
Ok. Thanks for your comment.
Anyway i also faced the same issue for handling the custom control objects but didn't get any solution. Then contacted with HP.
HP PSO team will do the favor but needs to be paid for that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ActiveX component can't create object: 'JavaWindow' JayeshK 0 1,466 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JayeshK
  Create Terminal as object dapeamel 0 2,953 02-16-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: dapeamel
Exclamation URGENT: ActiveX component can't create object citibank_ani 3 15,269 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: VarunKaushik
  How to create an object for all actions excellentpawan123 1 2,604 06-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Jay
  How to set value to custom property ? Ranu 0 1,946 11-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Last Post: Ranu