Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross browser testing using QTP11
Not Solved
I have my Web application automated in IE8 with QTP11. I want to do a cross browser testing and see how the application behaves in Mozilla and Chrome.
I spent quite a lot of time on different forums (and cross browser testing related threads on this forums), but I still have following doubts and I feel this is the best place to get a guidance.
1. What is actually meant by Cross Browser testing? What somebody means when he says “How the system ‘BEHAVES’ on different browsers? What are the behaviors I actually need to look for?
2. I am using completely descriptive programing in BPT framework. I am not using OR at all. If I run the same script in different browsers, wil my object properties change? Will I need to make huge changes in the script?

So you can see I am not getting a lead to start with.
Please help.
Not Solved
Hi,

I have done some cross browser testing recently. So the idea behind is it to essentially check the UI of the web page across different, and yes it is heavily dependent on browser. In addition to that, other major section that needs to be verified is that the various underlying scripts like Java scripts etc are being executed properly across them. some basic difference for JavaScript in ie and firefox can be found here.

There might be other browser dependent features that your developer might be able to give you a better idea about.

As for your second point, i have found that some elements that are available on ie may not necessarily be available in chrome or firefox or maybe not necessarily in the same hierarchy. Most of them work out just fine, so my thought is that it wont require too much effort and will provide u coverage over an additional browser. So if you can do it.. go for it Smile
Not Solved
(09-12-2014, 11:30 PM)AbstractOne Wrote: I have my Web application automated in IE8 with QTP11. I want to do a cross browser testing and see how the application behaves in Mozilla and Chrome.
I spent quite a lot of time on different forums (and cross browser testing related threads on this forums), but I still have following doubts and I feel this is the best place to get a guidance.
1. What is actually meant by Cross Browser testing? What somebody means when he says “How the system ‘BEHAVES’ on different browsers? What are the behaviors I actually need to look for?
2. I am using completely descriptive programing in  BPT framework. I am not using OR at all. If I run the same script in different browsers, wil my object properties change? Will I need to make huge changes in the script?

Please help.
Not Solved
(09-12-2014, 11:30 PM)AbstractOne Wrote: I have my Web application automated in IE8 with QTP11. I want to do a cross browser testing and see how the application behaves in Mozilla and Chrome.
2. I am using completely descriptive programing in  BPT framework. I am not using OR at all. If I run the same script in different browsers, wil my object properties change? Will I need to make huge changes in the script?

Please help.
Not Solved
Cross Browser Testing is a type of functional test to check that your web application works as expected in different browsers.

Web-based applications are totally different from Windows applications. A web application can be opened in any browser by the end user. For example, some people prefer to open in Firefox browser, while other's can be using Chrome browser or IE.

It is a way to check how your website behaves in Firefox, Safari, Opera and even IE at the same time. What you need to look at are the following areas:
1. Image placement
2. Font Size & Colors
3. Video placement

Yes, even if you run the same script the viewing may differ as different browsers are run through different code compatibility. If you find the website is not working well, don't worry simple changes like color codes, padding and defining width may work.

You can also use tools like www.lambdatest.com to perform cross browser testing easily.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object identification differences between QTP11 and UFT12.01 nivdhi 1 2,789 12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Autobot
  QTP11-Flex4.5 Sync and Object Identification Issues Yogesh Thete 0 2,390 06-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Yogesh Thete
  does QTP11 supports Flex application running on Jre 1.7 srinu 0 1,918 03-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: srinu
  QTP11 and .Net objects hadar 0 1,881 08-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Last Post: hadar
  extjs/html5 funcational automation testing with qtp11.0 anilg.qa 1 3,154 05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: vinod123