Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ctrl + click on the item
Not Solved
Hi there,

Does anyone know how to Descriptive Programming the action of press the Ctrl key and click on an webElement at the same time?

I have referenced to this suggestion https://www.learnqtp.com/ways-to-send-ke...recording/

But the example is do a Ctrl + f click

Many thanks for your suggestion

Carol
Not Solved
Hi there,

Does anyone know that Object.Type micLCtrlDwn is support for the webElement ? I have looked it up on the help document and can not find that. As I think this might be an alternative solution.

Thank you in advance.

Carol
Not Solved
hey ,
here micctrldwn won't work since it releases the button once the step is completd.
i tried using reporter object.
just try it
Code:
Const cntrl = 29
Set deviceReplay = CreateObject( "Mercury.DeviceReplay" )
deviceReplay.KeyDown cntrl
Browser("Google").Page("Google").Link("Images").Click

use keyup method after the above step or click on control button after the run
Not Solved
Hi Sreekanth,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried your suggestion with the following codes:
Code:
Const cntrl = 29
Set deviceReplay = CreateObject( "Mercury.DeviceReplay" )
deviceReplay.KeyDown cntrl
Browser("title:=InfoView").Page("title:=InfoView").WebElement("html tag:=DIV","innertext:=1992").Click
Browser("title:=InfoView").Page("title:=InfoView").WebElement("html tag:=DIV","innertext:=1993").Click

What I have expected is with Ctrl Click, I can do a multiple selections. Hence, here I hope to multiplly select column 1992 and 1993. However, the above codes do as a single click , the effect of Ctrl did not show. Do you any suggestion how my code is different from yours?

Many thanks

Carol
Not Solved
hey ,
can you send me your webpage html code?
Not Solved
Hi Sreekanth,

thank you for your suggestion here again. As the webpage is fairly Complex, I decide to just catch the table html source that has all the columns I want to do a multiple selection. Together I have a snapshot for your reference.

Thank you in advance,
Carol

Attached Files Image(s)

.txt   DIV- reformat.txt (Size: 6.85 KB / Downloads: 97)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot identify the specified item Beginner 0 2,341 06-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Beginner
  WinListView set item command Shahino007 0 2,540 10-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Shahino007
  Right Click On a Image and Click on a Link in WebElement RameshKrishnan 4 5,149 07-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Last Post: RameshKrishnan
  Keyboard Shortcuts "Ctrl+s" are not working in QTP11 dipti 0 2,941 12-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Last Post: dipti
  How do I left click on the right click menu in WinTreeView? RandomGrin 0 3,673 12-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Last Post: RandomGrin