Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DP issues with File Download dialog and button
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I am having problems with my DP states. Can someone plz ;-) look at these two statements (my attachment shows the OR) I cannot seem to find my dialog box and buttons.

Code:
.Dialog("text:=File Download","window id:=1","index:=1").Highlight

and

Code:
.WinButton("text:=/&Open","nativeclass:=button").Click "Open"

Attached Files
.doc   File Download dialog and button issues.doc (Size: 124 KB / Downloads: 70)
I don't recommend using "window id" in your expression - it could change from one run to the next. I'd also leave out the "index:=1" (the "index" value is the index of that object type on the page if there are multiple objects of that type that have the same identifying information). Usually the index is 0 unless you have multiple of the same object type with the same identifying information on the page.

Also, don't escape the "&" characters in the second line in your example (don't put "\" in front of it). The text value actually contains the "&" symbol. I've seen this a lot in IE.

Thx, both of these were great helps

but... ;-) these still dont work

Code:
.WinButton("text:=Cancel","nativeclass:=Button","Index:=0").Highlight(0)
   .WinButton("text:=&Open","nativeclass:=Button","Index:=0").Highlight(0)
   .WinButton("text:=&Open","nativeclass:=Button","Index:=0").Click

Index:=1 also not

Any other thoughts? thxxxx ;-)
My Winbutton still failed. So I combined the two statements and it seems to work.

Code:
.Dialog("text:=File Download","Location:=1").WinButton("text:=Cancel","nativeclass:=Button","Index:=1").Highlight(0)

thx tdevick
What is the With object which you are using?

Usually it should be browser. It works without the object dot also. (remove the dot in front of dialog)
Try with the following modified statement:
Code:
Dialog("text:=File Download.*").WinButton("text:=Cancel","Index:=1").Highlight(0)
Please use the forum [VB Scripting/Descriptive Programming] for DP issues.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I download every patch in order to UFT recognize the Chrome and FireFox browse jesusisaac 6 4,981 08-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Performance Issues Using '.Exist' AndyBSG 2 3,143 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG
  How to Download QTP trail Version siripurapusrinu@gmail.com 1 4,028 02-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP not clicking on Yes button in the IE pop up dialog adityasrinivasb 2 9,325 09-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Last Post: prashantrawat101@gmail.com
  QTP - windows 'File Save' Dialog not visible jennifer 7 9,681 06-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Last Post: theajaykumar