Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DataTable Issue
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi Friends,

I have to do a data validation of an excel file. I imported the excel into QTP and I pull one value after another for checking the data.

The problem I am facing is that, the value which I pull from Datatable is picked as a string. Debugger shows the value in " ". If I use a TypeName function, it returns STRING always, even though the data is numeric..How can I handle this scenario??

Thanks in AdvanceSmile
Hi,

U could use CINT(Datatable.Value("Paramaeter ID",Sheet ID")

Venkat.Batchu
But if the value coming in is a string, then CINT will throw an error...
If you are not familiar about the data type you are comparing then please pass the Cstr(Target) and Cstr(Source)

Please convert both target and source as strings then u will not face any issue.

Try with this, it will work.

Venkat.Batchu
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago Sad 
Thanks Venkat...

The Real Scenario is diff.

Eg: I have a column in Datatable which is supposed 2 have only NUMBERS. (1000,1001...). Since I am picking the value frm DT, QTP picks it as "1000". And when I do a TypeName, it returns String although it is a number..

In general, any data(whether it is a NUMBER,STRING,DATE etc) that you pick up from DT will be returned as a STRING if I use TypeName. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Datatable add and datatable import sheet wheelercha 4 33,365 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Arul
  DataTable Local Sheet Identification Issue Kiran28 2 4,096 07-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Last Post: rajpes
  QTP - DataTable Issue ssherman84 1 2,366 01-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Last Post: rajeshwar