Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database Checkpoint does not refresh values in each test run
Not Solved Cool 
Hello All,

First of all, a million thanks to Ankur for maintaining this knowledge base so actively.. this community is just amazing. Ever since I came to know about this, I am so glued for all sorts of information.

Well coming to my problem, I have 2 situations. Pardon me if this was responded earlier by someone, but I couldnt find any solution any where.

Situation1: I have a database checkpoint which for some reason never refreshes the values its retrieving from database. On top of this it shows a blank value to the field that I am interested in (placed a check mark on)

Situation 2: I have a drop down list which fails every time I run the test. I have to select a value from the drop down list, and having been with Mercury/QTP way of things, I am not scrolling with my mouse, I am patiently clicking until I reach for the value that I want. The error that I get is "Object Not Found".

My Application for respective scenarios is as below -
Situation 1: Simple insert into database and check if the insert is successful.
Situation 2: Choose a value from the drop down list and click on a button after selecting a value.

Appreciate your help on this. Please let me know if you need any additional information troubleshooting this one.

Thanks
LOTR[/color][/size][/font]
Not Solved
Hi,

The following info. may useful for you.

You are creating a DB Checkpoint means you are creating an expected data. Whatever your query returned is yours expected data.
Now run the script. Here the script gives you pass results, because the expected data and actual data are same. So DB Checkpoint pass here.

Now modify any data in the application that you returned using the query. Now run the script. Here the script should fail, because you modified the backend data. This needs to compared with the expected data.
This time your script fails means, it is working fine. If the script pass, then the application is not updating the values in the backend.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks & Regards,
Uday.
Not Solved
For situation 2, can you try using Descriptive programming.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Send automatic email notification when test run started helmzshelmz 0 925 04-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Last Post: helmzshelmz
  WaitProperty does not refresh the object (WebNumber) cantorre 0 1,499 05-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: cantorre
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,991 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Hyperlink click is not automated in UFT 11.5 test run prinju 1 2,619 11-03-2014, 12:04 PM
  Test run cannot continue oak 1 4,603 11-03-2014, 10:54 AM