Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default value in Edit Box when Check Box is checked
Not Solved
Hello,

in my GUI when I checked a checkbox (A) the GUI set an Edit Box (B) with a default value.

I have create an Action in QTP that checked A and set the value of B (parameterized); however, sometimes, the value of B is the default value.

Is possible, in the case to set default value for B, skip the instruction setting or not? If yes how?

Thanks in advance

Andrea
Nothing, I resolved, I add a column "DEFAULT VALUE" if the cell contains YES skip the setting phase otherwise set the new value
Not Solved
Hi,

You can handle this in your code along with your test data.

If you want to consider the default value then either you can pass the "" value and handle that in script.

Code:
If strValue = "" or lcase(strValue) = "default" Then 'Default value
  msgbox "Considered Default Value".
Else
  Browser("BR").Page("Pg").webedit("webEdit").Set strValue
EndIf

Let me know if you need any further info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
try to get the RO properties of the Check Box if the check box is enabled then set the value to edit box to default value

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can we get the Windows application Text box background color Using UFT 11.53 Kuppampattu 3 5,669 06-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Last Post: workrohit08
  Not able to set value in application web edit box tanuj dewangan 4 3,471 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: harshadevadas
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,542 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Default state of new action aparajita 1 2,215 08-25-2015, 12:11 AM
Last Post: aparajita
  UFT 12.02 Launching default home page sureshbl 0 3,164 06-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: sureshbl