Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Descriptive programming
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
my question is firstly i recorded the script, then tried to convert it into the
DP .if all the objects are converted using Dp it is working fine

Code:
Browser("title:=Google").Page("title:=Google").[size=x-large]WebEdit("name:=q")[/size].Set "shiva"

but if parent objects are converted using Dp and child objects are not converted using DP then it is not working may i know the reason why it so?

Code:
Browser("title:=Google").Page("title:=Google").[size=x-large]WebEdit("q")[/size].Set "shiva"
Hi Shiva,

Please read the "Hierarchy of test description:" section on the below page

https://www.learnqtp.com/descriptive-pro...implified/

feel free to ask if you have any query.

Regards,
Ankesh
thanx Ankesh : my problem is solved , but my next query is whether each and every test object has separate index properties, and how they are searched at the run time.

Thanks
shiva

Shiva,

As per my understanding, index is the TO property which we use when we have similar objects on the page. You can add index property to an object via the property window of OR.

Some time we use index proerty to idendify the object incase object found more than one with same property.
So before adding index property we have to understand that is this property realy required or not because incase if an object (unique in application) and you add index property for that it increase the time to identified the object.

Plz revert in case of any query.

Regards,
Ankesh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Descriptive PROGRAMMING sandeepm1989 0 2,008 01-21-2016, 11:46 AM
Last Post: sandeepm1989
  Is this one instance where descriptive programming does not work? chong67 10 6,808 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Last Post: harishshenoy
  Descriptive Programming By giving the description in form of the string arguments sia sharma 6 4,859 09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: freeboynil
  Can you use Descriptive Programming with Checkpoint? chong67 4 8,368 06-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Can I use Descriptive Programming on Checkpoint? chong67 0 2,135 06-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Last Post: chong67