Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desktop Applicatio
Not Solved
I am trying to test a desktop application. I start recording and then enter a username and password that logs into the application and then I close the application and stop the test. I then click on the username in the VALUE column and the Value Configuration Properties open up. Here I select the Parameter radio button and then enter UserName in the Name drop down list. Global Sheet radio button is also checked. I then click Ok.

In the Data Table under UserName I enter more user names. I then Save this test, but when I run it the following Object Error comes up.

Cannot identify the object "nkhan" (of class WinObject). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application

I am confused please help me with this. Thanks
Not Solved
I think you are changing object identification property values which is not correct.
Create a new test and set the text inside winedit from datatable as
Code:
winedit("logical name").set datatable("username","Global")
Not Solved
Please check whether the recorded properties for all objects are added in Mandatory property fields under object identification.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to deploy a desktop application to a physical server using Azure Pipelines? raivivan 0 918 04-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: raivivan
  QTP 9.0 supports WPF based .NET desktop application. nagarajkv 1 2,521 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  Selection of sub menu in Windows Desktop application Shilpa859 0 2,273 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Shilpa859
  "Object not visible" when running desktop link RandomGrin 2 4,216 12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Last Post: RandomGrin
  QTP in Remote Desktop Connection katun 0 3,466 11-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Last Post: katun