Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable cookies in IE8?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi guys,

I'm trying to disable cookies in IE8 using QTP 10.
The manual way is:
- Go to Tools/Developer Tools
- In Developer Tools window, choose Cache/Disable Cookies

When capturing interface for the tool bar, I got it as WinToolbar. Search for the methods of this object i found only 2 methods to use:
- Object.Press "Tools" and Object.Type "Tools"

I tried using this way
1. Object.Press "Tools"
2. Object.Type "{F12}"
It works for me but not stable. I would like to have a stable solution for this situation.

Rightnow, I'm using the sendkey method which is quite stable for me, but this solution is still not stable. This is my code:
Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
        While Window("Developer Tools").Exist(2) = False
            Browser("micclass:=Browser").Page("micclass:=Page").SetTOProperty "focus", True
            WshShell.AppActivate "Internet Explorer"
            WshShell.SendKeys("{F12}")
            Wait(2)    
        Wend

WshShell.AppActivate "Developer Tools"
        WshShell.SendKeys("%c")
        Wait(2)
        WshShell.SendKeys("c")
        Wait(2)
        WshShell.SendKeys("{F12}")
Thankful for any solution.

Ngoc Vo
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
The most reliable way I know would be to edit the registry settings. Here's some subroutines that will disable/enable cookies (you have to call the sub, then open the browser, or restart the browser after calling it). Instead of just calling the enable sub, you might want to read the registry setting before altering it (ShellObj.RegRead) so that you can set it back where it was. Setting it to 0 will allow ALL cookies. Refer to this for more info on the registry settings for IE and what they mean: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569

Code:
'@Description Disables cookies in Internet Explorer for the current user. Browser(s) must be restarted for this to take effect!
Public Sub DisableCookies()
    Set ShellObj = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    ShellObj.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1A10", 3, "REG_DWORD"
    Set ShellObj = Nothing
End Sub

'@Description Enables cookies in Internet Explorer for the current user. Browser(s) must be restarted for this to take effect!
Public Sub EnableCokies()
    Set ShellObj = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    ShellObj.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1A10", 0, "REG_DWORD"
    Set ShellObj = Nothing
End Sub

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delete Firefox history and Cookies Anupama 0 1,318 06-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Anupama
  How to check expected cookies are present or not priyanka.agarwal 0 1,867 07-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: priyanka.agarwal
  QTP 10 not identifying objects in IE8 on 64 bit OS Ram2009 6 4,387 03-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Disable data window? Autobot 0 1,607 11-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Autobot
  How to delete the cookies (1000 records) akhandesh 1 2,491 09-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Last Post: vinod123