Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does QTP/UFT support "Microsoft.Windows.Control" (one type of wpf control)?
Not Solved
Hello Folks,
I have a challenge automating WPF Application in which they used new type of Wpf Data GridControl i.e "Microsoft.Windows.Control". We cannot access all the properties of this control(RowCount,GetCelldata). Can Anyone get this issue and provide me details of any patch that can resolve this issue?
Not Solved
Hi

Use WPF add-in for this Grid. Normal if you do not use WPF add-in, QTP will see WPF screens as SwfObject or winobjects . But with the WPF add-in you can get them as wpfwindow as well.

Please use this below link to get better idea.
I faced similar issue for .Net window app automation. At that time i used add in extensibility and my issue got resolved.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Unified-Fun...-p/2406185

Please use this below link to get better idea.
I faced similar issue for .Net window app automation. At that time i used add in extensibility and my issue got resolved.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Unified-Fun...-p/2406185
Not Solved
Thanks for your reply Maheep.

I am using WPF Add-In. I am able to recognise Wpf Objects. Problem is with different types of wpf controls i.e. "System.Windows.Control" & "Microsoft.Windows.Control". QTP/UFT can retreive properties like "RowCount,GetCellData,Click Cell" etc. on former control but throwing "Object reference not set to instance of an object" exception for the latter control.

So the problem is zeroed on QTP compatibilty of "Microsoft.Windows.Control"

Any help in this direction/context would be appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Control to spawned process DomG 1 1,010 07-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Fails to Open Microsoft Word teekay99 0 638 10-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: teekay99
  Using UFT 14.0 on Win 10, unable to find 'Register New Browser Control' utility soujanya 2 2,932 04-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: soujanya
  Error in Code while accessing WPF object Dinesh_cts 1 3,170 11-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Last Post: lotos
  UFT not recognizing windows object sbudhwa 0 2,541 10-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Last Post: sbudhwa