Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does QTP support validation of colors
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,

I have a test where in I have to validate color of status bar present in the application.

For example if one feature is enabled then color of the status bar is Green and if it is disabled then color of the status bar is red.

My understanding is that this is not possible with QTP. Can any of you help me with a way to validate this using QTP or any other tool/script.

Thanks for your help in advance
Prasad.
Hi Prasad,

Please check below link. It may help you to solve your problem.

http://motevich.blogspot.com/2008/06/sta...t-qtp.html

Suresh.
Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your help. It can be used for getting the text from the status bar. I will have to validate the colour of the status bar present in my application as it changes basing on the chosen protection status (red/green).

Thanks,
Prasad.

Hi Prasad,
I have taken below question below and its answer from web on googling, check whether that helps you...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Can i change properties of a run time object?

No (but Yes also). You can use GetROProperty(“outerText”) to get the outerText of a object but there is no function like SetROProperty tochange this property. But you can use WebElement().object.outerText=”Something” to change the property.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Suresh.
It is possible only if spying on the status bar object shows some property indicating color of it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SwfTreeview - Color validation for child item YogeshCallappa 0 2,059 11-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  SwfTree View Validation in UFT YogeshCallappa 0 1,939 10-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  code for validation to create a sub folder smiley 0 1,431 10-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: smiley
  Does QTP / UFT Support Business Intelligence (qlikview). If Yes to what extent?? Kalyan1984 0 2,913 05-14-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Kalyan1984
  Mandatory field validation in QTP Yog 0 3,323 03-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Yog