Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does qtp support unattended launch of tests?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi
I have just had qtp dropped on my desk... and the box is quite dusty!

I am automating our depts install testing effort. In the past, we have manually installed our companies retail program (.net c#) on 55+ windows platform variations (includes diff languages).
I am using vmware server api to start virtual machines that are in a preconfigured state. Each vm has a small batch file that copies some vbscripts from a network share into the vm and starts the scripts which install our software. It then verifies file placement, versions etc.

Now they have asked that I use QTP to start the application and verify some items to insure the program is running properly.
They have a maintenece license so I can download the latest version.

My question is:
Does QPT have a feature similar to rational's remote agents?
I would rather not install the full qtp in all the vm's.
If there is no remote execution of scripts, is there a way to launch the qtp tests without having to be in front of each instance to click RUN from the qtp gui?

thanks for you great site and any help you can give
ced
Time to clear up the dust now

You can use Quality Center(QC) to do this for you just make sure that QTP is installed on the machine(s), from where you intend to run your test(s)

OR

if you you don't have access to QC, you can create a vbscript file to do this for you.
Using Automation Object Model(AOM) open QTP from .vbs file, give the full path of your test script and then with bit of scripting you can accomplish the task.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Is there possibility that u will write example in it.
I have the same problem in my company, we bought qtp.

And we like to make a test on 50 machines
Is there option to generate script code on one machine (vbs) like :
Code:
Window("Window").Click 445,79
wait(0),100
Window("Window").Type "admi"
wait(0),100
(we use this way cuz our java add-in dont work with our java technology, send double action)

and we woudl like to dont waste time on installing qtp on each machine. Just to write selfworking script that will 'click' on our application.

best regards
You need QTP to be installed on each machine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,439 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Does QTP / UFT Support Business Intelligence (qlikview). If Yes to what extent?? Kalyan1984 0 2,913 05-14-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Kalyan1984
  "qtp.launch" throwing "class not registered" error auto_tester 0 3,022 08-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: auto_tester
  Run Button is not available in QTP 11 - while running tests from QC 11 Kannan R 0 1,766 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kannan R
  QTP 11- Help DOC(Support) for SAP NetWeaver Applications amar99 3 3,327 06-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Last Post: jumplevels