Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double - Click on oracle Form field
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
In QuickTest Pro having problem to record the double click event on the field of the form. I am using Oracle Add in to run it.
Please advise me suggestions.
Thanks
I am not sure about the oracle but i have implemented same kind of double click actions in my project which is Java
please find the below one
Code:
Browser("xxxxx").Page("xxxx").Frame("xxxx").WebElement("xxxxxx").fireevent("ondblclick")

So u can use fireevent("ondblclick") in ur script
Please let me if it works
Thanks for you reply, your suggestion does not work for me because i am recording test for Oracle Form. My code in QuickTest Pro is

Code:
OracleFormWindow("Individual Display").OracleTabbedRegion("Other Info").OracleTable("B_OTHER_INFO_P").Click
this is good to click on the field.

But my requirement is double click to invoke the next form for data entry or update information in Oracle Form.

We are using QuickTest Version 10 and Oracle Adds-in. Please give us your suggestion to resolve this issue.
I have an Oracle Form. In that form we have few User fields, where in if you doble click it will open another window and you have to enter some information in the fields. At times the new window has some user fields and we have to double click to open up another window to enter some fields. When we used QTP Ver 10 to record in such a form, it is not recording the doble click events. Hence when we run the recording to recreate the form entry it does not work.

I would very much appreciate if you could point me in the right direction with respect to this double click issue in Oracle Form. How to record double click event in Oracle Forms? The only way in the oracle form user field is to double click so that it opens another window.

Thanks in advance.
Kris
Here I am assuming you have Oracle add-in installed. Can you try navigating to that field using tab key and then use keyboard shortcut to open another window?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Yes. I have Oracle add-in, Java add-in, web add-in. The Oracle form user field opens another window only with a double click. None of the keyboard options work on that field.
ok, Can you check with the dev team if dbl click is the only way possible to open a window? If yes, I think you may have to go for "SendKeys" method.
Yes. I have checked with the third party software vendor and double click is the only way to open a window on the user defined fields of the Oracle form. What is the sendkeys method and how does one sendkeys for Mouse double click.
See if somehow double click is possible using keyboard. SendKeys method is available in QTP documentation.
I was able to use device replay for double click and code it successfully.
Here is the sample code -

Code:
OracleFormWindow("Maintain Orders").OracleTextField("User Fields").SetFocus
X=OracleFormWindow("Maintain Orders").OracleTextField("User Fields").GetROProperty("abs_x")
Y=OracleFormWindow("Maintain Orders").OracleTextField("User Fields").GetROProperty("abs_y")
Set Dr = CreateObject("Mercury.DeviceReplay")
Dr.MouseMove x, y
Wait 1
Dr.MouseDblClick x, y, 0
Thanks for your prompt responses.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  getting the value from the field learning 0 922 03-19-2019, 09:13 AM
Last Post: learning
  Can we test Salesforce Standard form using QTP? yona34 0 943 05-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Last Post: yona34
Question Strange form, cant get it marvson 0 1,353 05-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Last Post: marvson
  DataGrid: double click on selected row robertosalemi 0 4,288 05-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  How to pass a date from Excel sheet to web form revati.shendure 1 2,824 11-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Last Post: revati.shendure