Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubts in QTP
Not Solved
Hi,
I am doing mainframe automation testing using QTP.
I need some clarifications in QTP.

1. In some occasions for the same script after the completion of the execution, QTP keeps on running while in other occasions its stops properly after test run. I am forced to kill the process in task manager to close QTP. How to avoid this? What is the cause of this problem?
2. During the test run, I am capturing the screenshots and storing it in results folder. The problem is some time only blank/black screen is captured instead of actual screen.
I think it’s because of window active/inactive status. How to validate or avoid this scenario?
3. When I give some 40 or more inputs(rows in excel), QTP closes automatically after certain data run. Is it due to QTP server size? How many data runs can be given at a single test run? How to find the server size?

Answers for any of the above questions will be very helpful for me.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Vijai
Not Solved
For the last one, check the Test run settings. Looks like the test or action is configured to run for only a number of iterations. Change that setting to run on all rows in data table.
Not Solved
Thanks for the reply Tarun.
I have already configured the settings to 'run on all rows' only. But still facing the same issue.