Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamically Changing the Testdata by using macros
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,
After executing the scripts by using the QTP, dynamically it should change the testdata.testdata stored in one Excelsheet.
for example we have the data in centralised excel sheet
ex:ORG FOR HP15
after Execution the testdata should be changed to ORG For HP16 Is it possible to do this by using macros in excel.
and
is it possible to change the Object repository logical name and Physical description of the objects after one iteration of execution with out any manual intervention.
please share your thoughts as soon as posssible.
Question 1: Yes macro is a possibility. But why use macro? You can do it through QTP. Write to excel using the Excel COM object.

Question 2: Objectrepositoryutil is an utility within QTP to programatically work with OR. You can step forward and traverse through the objects with the OR and modify their physical properties. However, instead of this tedious way, i suggest you use descriptive programming to dynamically change your object properties after iterations.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
can you give the clear steps to write the excel using the COM object.
If you would have searched this forum you would have got it in no time.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basant,
I searched in the forum but i could not get the code. can you provide url or the code here, if its possible.
It is always better to learn forever then do it for today. If you go to www.learnqtp.com , on to your right bottom most you will find a section called QTP with Excel. It is a three part series and should ladder you through your objective.
I am on the cell phone and it is not at all easy to paste the entire hyperlink. Please excuse.
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing Data in the application newbieny 0 847 07-17-2019, 07:19 PM
Last Post: newbieny
  How to dynamically find the OracleFormWindow? arpan 0 1,500 04-26-2017, 12:45 AM
Last Post: arpan
  How to click on all links dynamically in UFT? Rohan 9 17,883 02-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to Verify Static Object Text which is changing Dynamically with Expected Result johnny77 0 3,178 06-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Last Post: johnny77
  SAPGuiSession get the active SAPGuiWindow dynamically cko77 2 5,132 01-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Last Post: cko77