Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Alert
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here as well as a newbie in using QTP. I got everything to work the way I wanted except for one thing. I would like for QTP to automatically send me an alert message via email when it detects hanging on a web page or detects error during testing/validating the website/ web page.

I have dug through this site and only showing the send mail codes (which I already got that).

Thanks,
Are you able to capture the condition when a web application hangs ? If yes, In you failure reporting condition call the function to send email. For eg :
Code:
If err.Number <> 0 Then
   Reporter.ReportEvent micfail " Error Captured", "Error Reporting"
   Call SendMail() ' This will send the email when it reaches a failure reporting
End If
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks for the quick response and help. I am wondering about capturing the condition too. How do I do that with QTP?
Have you heard about "On Error Resume Next" and Recovery Scenarios ? Try to search for them in this forum and you will get several examples.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks. Like I've said, today is my second day using this tool and this site. Still reading the documentation sent to me but so far documentation is for installation only. Nothing technical and such provided. I am sure in no time I'll be able to utilize this tool to its fullest.
Dont you worry. It is a matter of time before you will reap its benefit. Try to grasp as much as possible from the forum. It is one good knowledgebase.

Everyone was you sometime ago....You will be what everyone is in no time... Good Luck Mate.
Basanth
Hey I got it figured out. I got QTP to automatically send me email when it detects error/ at a stopping point etc.

Appreciate the tips!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extracting Email Body from Outlook waseem.khan.91 0 1,899 03-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Last Post: waseem.khan.91
  Extracting Email Body from Outlook waseem.khan.91 0 1,034 03-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Last Post: waseem.khan.91
  Find the email using subject with the help of vb script Raheem Shaik 0 1,464 12-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Raheem Shaik
  Cannot attach the text file to email arpan 2 3,272 07-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Last Post: arpan
  Unable to send an email from Outlook which is already opened as draft attiliv 0 2,146 03-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Last Post: attiliv