Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enable WebEdit in QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
In Website
Code:
<input class="text_box" type="text"  id="txtArrivalR" name="txtArrivalR" style="width:78px;height:12px;" readonly="readonly"/>
How is about Enable WebEdit in QTP?
Can Data read datatable QTP in this textbox?
Hi bebeo,
It will help if you can explain your query a bit describing exactly what do you want to do with text box ?
It seems you want to check whether a webedit object is enabled or not, you can do this using GetROProperty for the object.

Thanks!
I want entry data input TextBox readonly, because i want enabled TextBox
Following statement i want perform
Code:
Browser("Welcome to ...").Page("Welcome .....").WebEdit("txtArrivalR").SetTOProperty "disabled", "False"
Browser("Welcome to ...").Page("Welcome .....").WebEdit("txtArrivalR").SetTOProperty "readonly", "False"
Browser("Welcome to ...").Page("Welcome .....").WebEdit("txtArrivalR").Set DataTable("Dates", dtGlobalSheet)
Enabling or diabling through QTP is not possible, until unless the AUT has any feature to do so.
'disabled' and 'readonly' are read only properties of WebEdit which can not be changed.

How about you have method to handle on QTP? when click in textbox display Dialog?
Very Sorry, But your question is not clear enough.Can you please explain the issue?

Thanks!
I have case successful Implementation
It is always a good idea, if you put your solution here, if you got it. It may help others.
I would like to know how you have changed the disabled property of edit box.

Bebeo -
You will need to have some patience to obtain solutions. From your explanations it was clear Saket was not able to understand you. And, Saket was correct in letting you know that QTP as a tool cannot alter the Run Time properties of any Object.

From your explanation above i understand that you wanted to enable a webedit and set values into it. If so, Sorry !!! QTP does not do that. SetTOProperty only alters the Static property for your reference buffer and does not alter the AUT values.

I see you ask about click on a webedit brings up a dialog ?? What did you actually mean ?? You want to click on a disabled webedit field and if did so a dialog would appear ??

Either case, now that you obtained the solution i am happy about it. In your future interaction please try to include as much information as possible.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks all answer
I use command
Code:
Browser("Welcome ....").Page("Welcome ....").WebEdit("txtArrivalR").Object.focus
var_onfocus = Browser("Welcome ....").Page("Welcome ....").WebEdit("txtArrivalR").Object.onfocus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How uniqule Identify WebEdit in QTP QTP9.2 3 4,903 01-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: harishshenoy
  Button wont enable mv8167 9 9,540 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  How to differentiate two webEdit in same page like user name and password in qtp jegansurya 1 2,776 07-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Last Post: K Gaurav Varshney
  Enable Hyperlink without opening the Excel Sathiya 11 6,648 05-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Sathiya
Cool how to re-enable Keyword tab dol_fin 2 4,653 03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Saajo87