Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error 501 Illegal Assignment
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi guys,

I am having tough time figuring out what's wrong with the function call. I have a function which i am calling and the moment it enters the function i get the err.number = 501.

I verified all the variables, all are string and it matches with the number of arguments defined in the function.

No clue why am I getting this.

this is my function call statement:

Code:
Action_Result = fnAccountInfoPageOSA(iInitialDeposit, sFundAccFrom, sAccNickname, sChangeOwnerToJoint, sASPOption, sASPAmount, sASPAccFrom, sASPFreq, sASPStartDate)

and this is how its been defined in the function lib:

Code:
Function fnAccountInfoPageOSA(iInitialDeposit, sFundAccFrom, sAccNickname, sChangeOwnerToJoint, sASPOption, sASPAmount, sASPAccFrom, sASPFreq, sASPStartDate)

' code to be executed

End Function

Please let me know if you would need more information. Thanks in advance for your help!
Does the function returns some value?

Regards,
Ankesh
luckily i could figure it out but its very strange the way QTP behaves in some situations.

In my function library, one of the function I copied from another library and renamed it but while returning the value of that function, it was the old function name. Once i fixed that i didnt see this error. But its pretty strange that while I had not fixed that error, QTP did not throw error while calling other functions but this. If someone could explain that behavior it would be great.
The error that u were getting was because u were assigning a value to the variable..

Code:
Action_Result = fnAccountInfoPageOSA(iInitialDeposit, sFundAccFrom, sAccNickname, sChangeOwnerToJoint, sASPOption, sASPAmount, sASPAccFrom, sASPFreq, sASPStartDate)

But there was no value being returned by the function. Hnece no value was getting assigned and QTP was throwing error.

In function we were not getting any error because u were doing a assignment using wrong name. This name was being treated as a variable by QTP. Hence no error.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment qtpro_exe 0 6,284 11-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Last Post: qtpro_exe