Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Running Web App Tests on Another Computer using Quality Center
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Has anyone else ran into this problem before?

I have recorded 25 web tests on one computer, and when i run them using Quality Center either one test at a time or all tests in a row they run with no problems on the computer i recorded them on. However when i use Quality Center and run the tests on another computer, one at a time they run with no problems, but if i run test group set and run all of the tests in a row usually at least one of tests will fail saying something like
Cannot identify the object "Next" (of class WebButton). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application
or
Cannot find the "OK" object's parent "Microsoft Internet Explorer" (class Dialog). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.
Usually there are a lot of errors that are thrown, almost all lines of the test fail. But then if i re-run the test by its self it passes with no problems.

I looked in QTP and tried to set all of the object identifying settings identically. Both computers are running internet explorer 6.0 sp2, but numbers of the end of the ie version are a bit different.
I am not sure, but I suspect the problem is in your object repos^tiries. Problems generally arise when you merge/transfer obj rep.

Also, try to retrace the object(manually) for the error!
Looking at the repository everything looks good in there, when i do the object spy and identify the objects everything matches. Its very odd that same tests pass a lot with no errors what so ever when i run them 1 at a time, then when i run all tests at once at least 1 (seems like which tests fail is completely random) test throws an error almost at every line. I also forgot to mention that this other box that i am running my tests on, the box where i get the errors is a Virtual Machine Ware box, but i didn't think that that would effect anything.
Try putting a line of code that closes the browser at the begining and end of the script. I ran into this sometime back and QTP got confused when more than one browser was opened.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Sad 
Do you have multiple browsers open at the same time?????If yes,as Fredman says QTP identifies the second window differently it suffixes it with _1 or _2.

I am trying to help you, but look at other forums too, because i cannot guarantee you a solution
thank you for trying to help

Multiple Browsers are not open, QTP opens/closes browsers correctly, i do make sure to close all my browsers at the end of every test. and open new browsers in the beginning of next test.
Hi ,

I faced the same issues when I ran QTP tests on another computer . I am still trying to figure out the solution but I also added a recovery scenario as I found the browser setting s in the other computer did not match mine and an unexpected pop up kept coming which stopped the tests . Please let me know if this is happening. Also do check the Browser settings for your and the the other computer ,

Sonia
The settings are probably not identical, but there is no pop-up or anything that drastic that i notice. Just every 4 or 5 runs, almost every test line fails. I am going to try to record some new tests on this box and see if those tests will have same issues or not.
I donno know which ver use are using

for 8.2 - reinstall the addin and fine tune your object using index as one property. Also at times the addin may get corrupted.So reinstall the addin.Also generate test setting script and force the same setting onto other machine.
I am using QTP 9.2, and i will try to reinstall the plug-ins

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,781 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Attaching QTP result to Quality Center vikas_dhir 5 19,649 01-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Swetha_Bayya
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,439 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to automate android app Naresh 2 2,788 06-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  UFT12-- not able to open sample app poulomi21b 2 4,058 06-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Last Post: poulomi21b