Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error in detecting an object on a Java Table
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

I am currently using QuickTest v9.5 and have created basic scripts for a Java applet software.
I have encountered an unspecified error during run-time.
Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated.
I have included relevant details below.

Thank you

THE ERROR
===========
RUN ERROR:

Unspecified error

Line (22): "Browser("iCFM Login").Page("iCFM (tst)").ActiveX("Java Plug-in").JavaApplet("ICFMApplet").JavaDialog("Timeseries

data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").SetCellData "#0", "Quantity (MW)", "50.00"".

OTHER INFORMATION:
=====================
1) The .JavaTable("Select data entry method:") is in the Object Repository
2) When I attempt to manually record and click on the Quantity field, QuickTest records a clickCell line. However, when I enter any data on the Quantity field and press enter, no code is generated during recording (?)

THE CODE SNIPPET:
===================
Code:
Browser("iCFM Login").Page("iCFM (tst)").ActiveX("Java Plug-in").JavaApplet("ICFMApplet").JavaDialog("Timeseries
data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").SelectColumnHeader "Quantity (MW)"

Browser("iCFM Login").Page("iCFM (tst)").ActiveX("Java Plug-in").JavaApplet("ICFMApplet").JavaDialog("Timeseries
data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").ClickCell "#0","Quantity (MW)"

data").JavaTable("Select data entry method:").SetCellData "#0", "Quantity (MW)", "50.00"

ABOUT THE APPLICATION:
=======================
It is a Java applet and the Java Table that is being access by the above script consist of various field types such as a dropdown, 2 date fields, checkboxes and textfields.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
There are a couple of posts related to General Run Error and tips with java add-in.

See if that can help you. In any case, let us know.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to record JAVA Swing application with JAVA add-in Mrudula Chinchanikar 0 807 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Mrudula Chinchanikar
  Error in Code while accessing WPF object Dinesh_cts 1 3,180 11-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Last Post: lotos
  java objects not getting identified with java update 8 in uft 11.5 milukuraju 0 2,860 02-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: milukuraju
  Error while adding Object to Object repository at run time SaranKumarV 3 8,420 02-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Last Post: dubeyvin
  UFT 11.5 throwing unspecified error while running for Delphi object rakeshsahay 0 3,536 12-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Last Post: rakeshsahay