Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error when Tying to connect to Oracle DB
Not Solved
I am trying to create a connection to an oracle database using a new Data Source. Qtp asks me for a name to give it then a driver. I choose Microsoft odbc for Oracle. Put in a service and password. It acts liek it wants to connect then I get an Error message - 'Out of Memeory' Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks - Charles
Not Solved
I have seen this before, which was rectified by the oracle expert (not me Smile so I dont have the exact solution)
what i know is its due to the integration of Oracle Application Server with B2B stops responding, which can be resolved by increasing the heap size ( If I remember it correctly). ask your Oracle expert. or google it you will definitely get a solution there.
else If I find anything, will keep you posted.

Not Solved
Okay I think the error was due to me. But I was able to create a new DNS connection to the Database. Tested it and it worked.

Problem - now that I am in QTP and doing an Insert>>Checkpoint>>DB and choose my Database, key in password. I get an error: ORA-12154:TNS:could not resolve service name
Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Any idea about this one Saket?
Not Solved
as per the error, I guess your TNS entry is not proper.

Not Solved
verify that the server your trying to connect to is in your tnsnames file in the oracle direcotry on the box

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting error while connecting from qtp to oracle sql developer. Ritanjali Pradhan 1 2,982 09-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Not able to connect to Oracle SQL Developer Paras Singh 0 6,617 05-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Paras Singh
  Connect to QC ravi.gajul 3 14,427 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SrinuKodi
  QTP API to connect to Performance Center(ALM) as_srini 3 5,505 06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  QTP oracle addin not recognising Japplet Oracle rmanasa 9 7,002 01-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nash27