Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flex Builder Application Automation using QTP 9.5
Not Solved
Hi,

Currently in our project, we are trying to do some feasibility for performing automation for the Flex Portal which is build using the Flex builder 3.0 using QTP 9.5. We also have the Flex Add-Inn installed.It will be really great if any one worked in the above requirements share their experience on the following view,

1) Ways to make the flex application ready for automation using QTP.
2) Code instrumentation needs to be done on Flex Builder application to make QTP to identify the flex objects.
3) Does the application performance really affects once the code instrumentation done?

In future, we are planning to migrate to Flex Builder 4.0 from Flex Builder 3.0. So it will be great if anybody share their experience on automation of the Flex Builder 4.0 application using QTP if it varies from the way we automate Flex Builder 3.0.

I am eagerly waiting to hear all the ideas on this. Thanks!

Regards,
Dinesh
Not Solved
Hi,
I worked on flex automation 2 years back with QTP 9.1. Following is my experience. Hope this helps.
• QTP by itself does not identify Flex objects. The alternative work-around (virtual objects) is time-consuming and breaks easily while trying to run scripts on different machines.
• Smart Identification feature is by default disabled for Flex applications
• Due to a Flex-Automation bug descriptive programming doesn't work for Flex Application object.
• There is a difference between the display list hierarchy (which may contain many anonymous) and the object hierarchy, which is based on class structure
• Recording of certain containers like canvas, HBox and VBox is skipped, but not Panel because as per Adobe Beta Forum for QTP, recording some of the containers do not provide any useful information as they are not visible to the QA engineers.
• Descriptive programming in QTP does not work with Flex applications with a repeater in the hierarchy. It does not work if you are querying on the index for any control as well.
• Bitmap checkpoints do not work for Flex objects.
Not Solved
Hi ,
I am facing problem regarding testing FlexCustomComponents with QTP..

Actually my FlexApplication is installed on remote machine (ex: 192.30.30.21 machine)
and QTP with Flex plugin is installed on another machine .. I am able to access my FlexApplication in QTP through URL
But my FlexApplication also has complex customcomponents .... for example ....

I have a customPanel extending Panel .. my custom panel's title bar has few images and buttons ... i somehow instrumented customPanel and its titleBar too ... i have deployed customPanelAutomationImpl.as delegate file in the FlexApplication and included that delegate in the buildscript of the FlexApplication .... also i have added customPanel entry into the TEAFlex.xml(present in flexPlugin folder) ... but QTP is still not recognising the customPanel ...

Can anybody pls help me with this issue .... ? any help would be appreciable ..

Thanks ..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flex Automation Testing using UFT Kautilya 0 2,225 07-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Kautilya
  Problem Automating Flex App - UFT 12.01 + Flex 4.6 SDK + IE 10,11 + OS windows 7,8 64 kamle 4 3,607 12-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP with Flex sumanhyd 0 1,663 10-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Last Post: sumanhyd
  Flex automation sumanhyd 0 1,970 07-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Last Post: sumanhyd
  does QTP11 supports Flex application running on Jre 1.7 srinu 0 1,918 03-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: srinu