Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General run error!?
Not Solved
Hello @all,

i've got a new problem. Hope someone is able to help me.

A few days ago i have recorded a script (QTP 9.5) and it was working, no problems. Then today i replay this script and a general run error occurs.

It happens on the following line:
Browser("Website").Back

The same problem occurs if record the code again.
I don't know why the code does't work anymore.

Thanks in advance,
QADBA
Not Solved
Hi,

This General run error occurs soemtimes when we try to run a recorded script once try to record the same applicaotn again and run you dont get that error
Not Solved
Hi,

The problem may be because of the Object recongnized may be changed at the Browser level.

Observe the OR and click on the "Highlight in application". If the object exists in the application, then there could be a problem with the tool.

If the object doesnt exist, add that object into OR and write the script which reflects the new object and run the script.

Regards,
Uday.
Not Solved
Usually, if i record something, the objects wil be added to the OR.
But in this case this ojcect (ToolbarWindow32) doesnt exist. So i added the object to the OR, but nothing happens. I got the same error again.

Sometimes the tool seems to be very strange. In an other case i'm recording. I type a new url in the address bar, but nothing is scripted.
If i type Browser("Mysite").Navigate "www.google.com" manually and run the script, the tool passes the line, but the browser still remains on the first page. No navigation.
Not Solved
Hi,
Read the attached document.

Attached Files
.doc   Debugging General Error.doc (Size: 144 KB / Downloads: 94)
Not Solved
Hi,

Even i am facing strange behaviour, when i use Browser("browser").navigate("www.yahoomail.com")

While executing, the script is not navigating to Yahoomail. It just simply bypass that step, without executing the step.

Please let me know, how to overcome this.

Thanks in advance,
Uday.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 330 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,641 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,991 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  General run error. Line (18): "Loop while Browser("Index:=0").Object.Busy" AshokReddy 3 4,792 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Error of checkpoint in record & run mood arif 0 2,080 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: arif