Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get text from after webpage ! Help me!
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Wink 
Hi all!
I have project from my customer.
I have a web link (i can't show here).
When i access this link, web will show 3 textbox (author, title, year). After i input text to 3 that textbox, then click button sumit below. Webpage will tranfer to after page. This page contain detail informations and I need copy 1 row in details. I have a key word before each copied row.

I can use QTP to auto make first step (input text from datatable and click sumit), but when tranfer after page, I can't copy text row that i want.

Any question to me if you don't understand because this project is secret.

Thank all!
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Is it a webtable?Do u need to fetch the first row always?

do let me know, it would be easy tp answer ur query then.

Regards,
Ankesh
@Ankesh: Thank for reply.
I don't know it's a webtable.
I give you a link: http://aleph20-prod-acc.obvsg.at/F/UJHNJ...&x=48&y=10

Detail information is below "Treffer 1 von 1".
Can you see "Link zum Datensatz Info http://permalink.obvsg.at/AC03051248".
I need copy text "http://permalink.obvsg.at/AC03051248", this is dynamic text, it can change according to data input before page.
This mean is with different datainput, result is different.
In the detail informations: same header.
ok. Got it. I checked the link. Looks like a normal link.

For proper resolution/answer Can u please spy the object/Link and send me the screenshot of the spy window?

I am asking this because i dont have QTP installed on my System right now.

Regards,
Ankesh
Now, to simple, the problem is:

1. Input text into 3 textbox and click sumit in before page, and then web will tranfer to after page.
2. I wanna to copy all text in after page.

All step made by QTP to found on DATATABLE with available data.
This is header of datatable on QTP, 3 field Author, Titel, Year is available and TextCompied: after play QTP, data on web will copy to this field.

Author - Titel - Year - TextCompied[/code]
Hi viclassic,

I was just asking u the screenshot of the object spy window to know how QTP is recognising the link. This way it would be better for me to give exact resolution.

However, since u haven't posted the screenshot, i will give the resolution as per my understanding.

Add the object(Link) in the OR and use regular expression for the text value of the link(as the text/name of the link is changing dynamically). U will see an icon(something like <#>), click on the icon. Once u click on the icon, a pop up will appear. There will be a check box named regular expression. Check the chekbox and enter .* in the text field.

Once u r done with the above setting, U can use the below code to get the displayed text of the link.

Code:
strLinkName=Browser(<Browser>).Page(<page>).Link(<Link Name as per OR>).GetROProperty("text")

here strLinkName will have the name of the link dispalyed. This name u can use for ur rest of the requirement.

I hope this would serve ur purpose.

Do let me know if it does not work.

Regards,
Ankesh
I will applied your method to my project now.
I hope we are frendly on this forum.
Thank you for you support.

Thank you and best regard!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capture All text from webpage and copy it... mpatra 3 4,898 07-25-2018, 05:33 PM
Last Post: vimlesh
  Reading XML Data from a WebPage shaan.mishra87@gmail.com 1 2,025 09-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Using static descriptive programming how to count no. of objects on any webpage alpha1 4 6,711 08-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Last Post: kotaramamohana
  Embedded Text on webpage srach84 1 2,497 07-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Read text from text file and save it into a variable in qtp arpan 3 12,088 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Last Post: arpan