Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting an 'Error in XML document' Error when submitting web services XML
Not Solved
I am trying to submit an XML through web services (using the web services add-in). It works fine if I use a valid XML, but I need to do some negative testing which includes putting invalid data in certain elements. With our web service server, any schema issues will be caught and identified in the response XML. The problem is when I submit an XML with an element that is supposed to be a valid date. If I set the date to something other than a date, (say the number 1), I get this error on the 'Set submitXMLRequest = WebService("xxxx").xxx(XMLRequest)' line.

Error:
The xxx operation call failed. There is an error in XML document(41,8).
Exception from: mscorlib
String was not recognized as a valid Date Time.

So the problem is QTP is trying to validate the XML Schema for me, and I dont want it to. Our web services server will handle that and let me know if there are any schema errors. So in this case I want the response XML to say the number 1 is not an invalid date.

Is there any way i can get QTP to ignore any XML schema errors and just submit the XML anyways?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General run error when Exist fails msacks 1 1,649 02-08-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Error Recovery Scenario vamshiram 6 7,033 08-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Last Post: sucheta
  "Action was not found" error. What to do? ttralor 2 5,849 05-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Not getting error pop up when replaying through batch amit25007 0 1,305 02-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Last Post: amit25007
  Reading XML Data from a WebPage shaan.mishra87@gmail.com 1 2,025 09-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Last Post: supputuri