Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting object reference error if i run QTP script
Not Solved Exclamation 
I am using a Dot Net Application. It contains a wizard. If i run manually the wizard after clicking on finish button in the last form the wizard gets closed.

I recorded the same in QTP and if i run the script when qtp clicks on finish button i am getting Object reference error and my application gets closed.
Please anyone can help me in this how can i proceed with QTP in this case.

Error:
Exception in <Application name(exe file)>.My.MyApplication. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
And if i click on the message box my application gets closed. But if i run manually i am not getting this type of error.
Not Solved
Can you paste the part of recorded script where it fails and gives the error?
may be that can help us to understand the issue.

Not Solved
Hi Saket,
This is my recorded script. While running at last if QTP clicks on finish button then getting the error. But manually if i run it application not throwing error. I am also attaching the screen shots for the wizard. In the results page we are not entering any thing just clicking on finish only.

Recorded QTP Script
Code:
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfTreeView("tvITKKTree").Select "AutoCustomer-3-Feb-2010;test compressor class 2.1;1st Stage", micRightBtn
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfToolbar("SwfToolbar").Select "Operating Condition Wizard"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtOCName1").Set "Design"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtSuctionPressure1").Set "1.03"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtDischargePressure1").Set "3.90"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtSuctionTemperature1").Set "-90"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfButton("Next").Click
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtGasAnalysisName2").Set "methane"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtGasAnalysisName2").Type  micTab
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtHumidity2").Type  micTab
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfComboBox("cmbHumidity2").Type  micTab
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvGases").SelectCell 93,"Gas Name"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfButton("btnAdd").Click
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SelectCell 1,"Proportion"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SetCellData 1,"Proportion","90"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvGases").SelectCell 119,"Gas Name"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SelectCell 2,"Gas Name"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SelectCell 2,"Proportion"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SetCellData 2,"Proportion","10"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfButton("Finish").Click

Even i modified the script as like below. But no use. Tabhits is just a small function contains for loop.

Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Public Function TabHits(i)
       For j = 1 to i
            WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
       Next
End Function

Code:
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").Activate
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfTreeView("tvITKKTree").Select "AutoCustomer-3-Feb-2010;test compressor class 2.1;1st Stage"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfTreeView("tvITKKTree").Select "AutoCustomer-3-Feb-2010;test compressor class 2.1;1st Stage", micRightBtn
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfToolbar("CMSOpen").ShowDropdown "Wizards"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfToolbar("CMSOpen").Select "Wizards;Operating Condition Wizard"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtOCName1").Set "Design"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtSuctionPressure1").Set "1.03"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtDischargePressure1").Set "3.90"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtSuctionTemperature1").Set "-90"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfEdit("txtGasAnalysisName2").Set "methane"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvGases").SelectCell 0,"Formula"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvGases").SelectCell 93,"Gas Name"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfButton("btnAdd").Click
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SelectCell 1,"Proportion"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SetCellData 1,"Proportion","90"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvGases").SelectCell 119,"Gas Name"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SelectCell 2,"Proportion"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfWindow("Operating Condition").SwfTable("dgvSelectedGases").SetCellData 2,"Proportion","10"
wait(3)
wait(3)
Call TabHits(21)
wait(2)
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Hi Saket i am also attaching the screen shots for the same.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
may be it is related to the way QTP is interacting with controls/COM objects before the AUT is ready to handle the event.

what I can suggest here is to use wait/sync statements to wait the application to finish its internal processes.

Not Solved
Hi Saket,
The error still appears even if i put a wait time of about 30 Sec to 5 minutes. After clicking on finish normally the wizard closes.

Please any suggestions more?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General run error when Exist fails msacks 1 1,658 02-08-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Pass reference to datatable into function smallsteve 2 1,891 09-28-2017, 09:18 PM
Last Post: smallsteve
  How to run multiple iterations only on a set of lines in script amit25007 0 2,251 05-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Last Post: amit25007
  General Object Error(Find Object Error) akhandesh 1 3,413 02-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Last Post: sindhus
Rolleyes The test run cannot continue due to an unrecoverable error neerndg123 3 8,431 09-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: ananthakumarbe