Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting text from password edit box
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi QTPKing,

While running, the password field will be populated with the decrypted value of password (ie) "P@ss". Now if you get the value present in the password text field using GetROProperty, we can get the exact visible text entered in the password field.

Thanks,
Hi QTPgrd,

I have checked with your code and its's working fine and getting the decrypted value. I am still in doubt how it's working because as per the general function spec (by keeping the password security in mind) the password field should not give any value.

Any how, thanks for the clarification and please think about the password security. Still i could not figure out the use of "Crypt.encrypt" i.e. encrypted form of Password.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Hi QTPKing,

I can't visualize any realtime scenarios that has influence on the password security, with this case. If you find any, please let me know.

Thanks!
Hi,
I am still not clear with getting the password from the Password edit box.
Input "mercury" to the Password editbox,it will be in the form of "******".
Now,when I learn the values of this editbox using Object Syp, the "text" property is empty.
There is no way,I am able to retrieve this password from the Password textbox.
Please help!
Thanks a lot!

Hi,
Suppose,I am providing multiple values to the Password editbox from the datatable..say,the values are mercury,abcneh,12hbndj. Now,I want to retrieve the value from the Password editbox to check what value was provided to the Password box..how to do that?Because as you said,the "text" property is empty and the ObjectSpy is not displaying any "value" property for the Password box.
Please help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Password Encryption / Decryption for swfobject YogeshCallappa 0 1,557 06-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: YogeshCallappa
  How can we get the Windows application Text box background color Using UFT 11.53 Kuppampattu 3 5,669 06-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Last Post: workrohit08
  UFT 12.53 trial version not recognizing its sample flight application login/password NehaRB 2 3,589 10-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Last Post: pradeep537
  Not able to set value in application web edit box tanuj dewangan 4 3,471 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: harshadevadas
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,539 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992