Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global v Local DataTable
Not Solved
Hey guys,

The application i am automating has a few thousand variables that i need to capture. Ive had space problems before when using the Global dataTable, so this time around when i make a checkpoint, im storing the output value in a local datasheet -
ie
Code:
variable = datatable.value("ColumnName", "ActionName")
so that depending on which action is running the output value goes to that actions dataTable.

The problem is when i create a new script and call these re-useable actions, the script fails saying that the dataTable cant be found.

Does anyone know where im going wrong?

Cheers,
Brian
Not Solved
Hey Brain,

The problem is the syntax you are following.

The syntax is :

Code:
datatable.value("Column Name","Sheet Name/Id")
not the action name.

Try out with SheetName/SheetId.

Let us know, if you still face this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Uday.
Not Solved
Hi Uday,

Unfortunately im still getting an error. When i run the script on it own its fine, but when i use some re-usable actions from this script in other scripts they fail because those scripts cant find the datasheet for these actions. Do you know if there is anything extra i should be adding to the above syntax if this particular action is being called from another seperate script?

Cheers,
Brian
Not Solved
My understanding is - There are two tests. a new script-test1 and a test having reusable actions -test2 and they have its own datatables.

at runtime try to import the datasheet of test2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reading Global Sheet's DataTable Value Bhuvana 0 1,473 01-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Bhuvana
  Error as Global Not defined while trying to retrieve value from Datatable siddharth1609 0 851 09-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Last Post: siddharth1609
  Local System Monitor kbhargava505 0 2,422 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Last Post: kbhargava505
  global object which can be called in any action excellentpawan123 2 2,579 04-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Last Post: babu123
  How to Create and use local repository Sourabh146 2 2,376 01-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Last Post: jacosta