Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having trouble integrating QTP with Ant and a multi-module Adobe Flex application
Not Solved
The QTP Object Spy is unable to see past the enclosing project. The application uses portlets. Whenever I attempt to hover over an item in the portlet (i.e. button), I receive the following error message:

Code:
QTPAdapter:useErrorHandler() - Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

The portlets are in separate projects and each project has its own ant build script. There is also a main ant script that invokes each of the other ant scripts. I placed the following code block in each of the ant scripts mxmlc blocks:

Code:
<compiler.include-libraries dir="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/libs/automation" append="true">
                <include name="automation.swc" />
                <include name="automation_agent.swc" />
                <include name="automation_dmv.swc" />
                <include name="automation_flashflexkit.swc" />
                <include name="automation_spark.swc" />
                <include name="qtp.swc" />
            </compiler.include-libraries>

I also changed the keep-generated-actionscript attribute to true and set the static-link-runtime-shared-libraries attribute to false.

Any advice?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT and Runtime module on one PC reckersn 0 1,195 07-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reckersn
  Trouble Getting UFT to Work with Simplified Chinese hhamilton 2 2,748 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Multi Select in UFT/ QTP vanga 0 3,300 02-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Last Post: vanga
  QTP 11 Flex 4.5 Unable to Identify Objects krishiyers 1 3,588 12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: vds.vipul
  Multi-test Manager 8.2.4 compatibility rlin2012 4 4,726 07-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Last Post: vinod123