Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed on understanding the Properties and Methods related to a ActiveX control.
Not Solved
Hi all,

Help needed on understanding the Properties and Methods related to a ActiveX control.

I am working on Automating a legacy application(developed using VB 6.0 and FarPoint ActiveX controls)using QTP Ver 11 (with ActiveX, VB, .Net Add-ins..

Here is a piece of script written by one of x-team mates (who left the organization), to get the caption of available menus and sub-menus in the Sidebar (it is an ActiceX control)

Code:
set  objMainmenu = VbWindow("frmC2000").ActiveX("SSListBar").Object.Groups
For i=1 to objMainmenu.count
print  "Main Menu  = " &  objMainmenu.item(i).caption
  For c= 1 to objMainmenu.item(i).listitems.count
    print "Sub Menu = " & objMainmenu.item(i).listitems.item(c).text
  Next
Next

I’m able to understand the flow of the script. A reference object “objMainMenu” has been created in the first line. ActiveX “.Object” is being used to get access the Native property “.Group”

I have no clue on how the other properties / methods are identified and being used ( like objMainmenu.item(i).caption ; objMainmenu.item(i).listitems.item©.text ) in the script.

Are there anyways to figure out all the available properties & methods related to “objMainMenu” ?

Can someone please help me?

Note:

I ran the script in debug mode.. and used QTP’s “Add to watch” feature to see the reference object (objMainMenu) properties by expanding the object. But it did NOT work. On run-time, under the “Add to watch” section - the objMainMenu just showed as “object”.

Thanks!
DhivaM
Not Solved
Hi Dhiva,

Please go through the qtp help file-->quick test professional object model reference--->ActiveX
This should help you with all supported methods and functions for different activex objects

Regards,
Ravi
Not Solved
Hi Ravi,

Thanks for taking time and responding to my post.

As suggested, I did go through the QTP help file. But couldn't manage to find any information about the properties / methods that I am looking for.

I have also submitted a post in HP QTP forum.. Please take a moment to refer this link... It contains more details with documentation..

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-...-p/5662253

Looking forward to hear back from you soon.

Thanks!
Dhiva.M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ActiveX component can't create object: 'JavaWindow' JayeshK 0 1,466 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JayeshK
  How to append date to xls file using qtp datatable methods? yona34 1 1,459 05-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP system related issue Bharathi Kanagarajan 1 1,967 09-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
Exclamation URGENT: ActiveX component can't create object citibank_ani 3 15,270 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: VarunKaushik
  Issue related to dropdown selection(Please help urgent) excellentpawan123 2 4,043 05-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123