Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please - wont record much in IE
Not Solved
Hi,
I am using IE6 and it QTP9.2. Im attempting to record everything i do in IE but its not detecting anything i do, such as click on a link or enter into a text box. It is detecting browser functions such as close though.
Whats weird is that it ran fine the first time i ran it in IE, then i attemtped to run the script i had generated in FF and thats when it stopped working in IE. However, it still works fine in FF and detects every buitton click.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
Is it possible to reset all the settings but to factory settings?

I have Windows live toolbar turned off, i dont have tabbed browsing and have Web event recording config set to max.

Need help asap and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric
Not Solved
You can re-initialize the DLL's by runnung the QuickTestProfessional.bat file located at C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin. Also make sure that you launch QTP first then the browser.
Not Solved
hi,

i tried that and the problem is still present

also, now when i record in firefox, it is recording x and y values of my clicks, rather than the name of what im actually clicking on. I definately have low-level and analog recordign turned off so i have no idea why its now doing this either . i would think that this is maybe related to my IE problem though

any ideas?
Not Solved
I don't know what else to say. Anybody want to take a stab at this?
Not Solved
it seems that the web addin isnt functioning properly, as it behaves how i would expect it to behave without the web add in. without reinstalling the whole program, is there a way of somehow reinitialising the add in?
its detecting all windows functions, such as open browser, move browser, open notepad etc, but nothing when i try and do stuff within a browser
Not Solved
The only way I know of is to uninstall then reinstall the add-in.
Not Solved
As I have mentioned in one of my blog posts, HP-QTP support for Firefox is only limited to playback and not recording. So scripts recorded in Firefox are not expected to run on IE.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
thats fine...my issue isnt running scripts in IE, its creating them. it wont detect when i click on anything so i cant create anything
Not Solved
Have you contacted HP with this issue?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Button wont enable mv8167 9 9,555 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Looping wont stop laura 3 2,976 07-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Last Post: basanth27