Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I left click on the Right click menu?
Not Solved
Hey all,

Google is depressing me again....apparently I am the only person in the universe NOT testing a web-app.

Also, there is tons of help on how to do a Rclick (on a web app of course) but nothing on how to do a left click on the menu that you get after doing a rclick.

When I record my app, it records code for my Rclick on the menu item. Great. Then I left click on the resulting menu......and QTP ignores me like nothing happened.

Sure enough, when I play it back, there is my rclick menu hanging out there, but nothing ever gets selected..... the left click doesn't happen.

So....How do I select (left click) on a menu choice that only appears after I have Right clicked on a tree item? In a standalone app, NOT a web app!

Thanks for any help....Google isn't doing it for me!

Randomgrin
Not Solved
Left is nothing but clicking on Enter button.

First navigate to the Menu option you want like {DOWN}/{UP} etc, then once you reach the menu option click {ENTER}.
Not Solved
Hey,

Thanks for the idea, but I'm still not getting it.

When I try to record using Enter to select the menu item, it ignores it just like it ignores a left-click.

I think I found your link even though the genius forum-robot assumed it must be spam and changed the URL. (It was supposed to be hpsqtp.blogspot, right?)

That article again assumes I am using links on webpages so I am not sure it will work.

Also, it wants to use absolute x,y coordinates, and my x,y will be different every time I run the program. There will always be a different number of objects in the tree...so I want to select by object name, not by visual position.

So is there no way to do what I can do manually? I really cant either rclick on a sub-menu, or hit Enter on it?

If you must use absolute x,y then I am starting to think QTP is going to be useless for me.

Anyone got ideas? Help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB how can i automatically click ok button in msgbox popup test 11 24,041 07-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Last Post: akash warke
  no action on click for particular wpf button jlavrecka 1 1,259 05-21-2020, 11:33 PM
Last Post: jlavrecka
  Click after CheckProperty to a WebElement passed via Function argument fails naruoga 0 1,024 02-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: naruoga
  Help for instruction to click on Skip button in the warning message vijilesh 0 1,365 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: vijilesh
  Unable to click on dynamically changing webelement preeti 0 1,693 04-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: preeti