Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much time will it take for QTP to Execute 10 test cases .
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi ALl,

I have a client requirement :

1. How to execute test cases that we write in Excel document or word document through QTP
2.How To Export the test cases to QTP is there any way to do that ?
3.How much time will it take to execute test cases through QTP ?

I need some suggestions or u may say as answers please make it fast guys .

Hoping the best answers from forums
Thanks ,
Siri
Siri -
" Please make it fast " depends upon the type of questions you ask. If you ask me how many litres of water is in the ocean, i am sorry i cant get it fast to you.

Here are the probable answers based on my experience and opinion,

1. Keyword driven framework coupled with data driven approach should be suitable.
2. You cant export test cases to QTP but you can write a script which may update the action template for every test case you have. That will bring it up in the QTP expert view in a commented mode. [ all this provided you have no QC ].
3. I am not sure for which test case and for how many lines of code you have. Give us something to gauge from. Just asking questions like "How many trees are there in the forest" will not help in anyway.
QTP execution depends upon the type of framework you have used, the number of host machines you have, the number of scripts you have, the way you have scripted etc etc....
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi Basanth ,
Sory , Main thing is i have not wrked on the framewrk until now .I have QC in my system ,.Thing is client has some Test scripts which include 100 test cases in each scritp .

So for eg i have a test scritp of 10 test cases based on an applicaiton then how to execute them from QC i know .But from QTP automatically i need to know the procedure .if u can provide with ur nubmer i can give u a call to know the process .Please write the point o point proecudre how to execute those test cases from QTP .

I have QC installed so is there any way of integration and doing .I have worked on QC QTP integration .
Client requirement is to know how mcuh time it wil ltake to execute 10 test cases .
So for that reason first i need to know the process to execute those test cases through QTP .
Please help me i have a meeting today
Yes, you can use QC-QTP integration. It will help you in reporting too. You can also maintain your test cases in QC.

Timetaken is a tough one to answer. I dont want to give you anything even approx and mislead you.

Look, Time taken depends upon the script, the various workflows traversed by the script and the number of host machines you have( which means more the machines quicker the overall execution).

I propose you talk to your client and agree upon a Proof Of Concept where you demo them one test case which you have automated and executed from QC. Based on the time taken for that one test case which may have several other common functionality based test cases covered you can come up with a approx execution time.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi basanth ,

Can u please let me know the whole step by step process of automating test cases to QTP and execute .How keyword driven testing is used and data driven too .Please immmediatey .Just point by point so that i nca startt .I am sending you the sample tet cases as an attachment that i have to automate and execute using QTP .
1 Test Case: Access Request Approved
1.1 Access Request Approved
1.1.1 Submission
Step # Operation / Step Expected Result Results: Actual Result
Evidence Reference
Incident Number (as needed)
Comments (as needed) Status
Pass / Fail
1. 1 Navigate to the racfAM Mainframe US Account request form as test user #1.
The request form is displayed.
2. 1 Inspect the RACF Mainframe US Account access request page.

"Capture screen print" The access request page has the following fields:

• Requestor & SSO ID (read only text)
• Requestor’s Manager & SSO ID (read only text
Comments editable text box (Required)
Submit and Cancel buttons
3. 7 Enter the case number you are testing in comments, click the ‘Submit’ button and then click the ‘Continue’ button. The request is submitted.
4. 10 Check status of the request by selecting “Open Actions” for a listing of open actions. RACF Access Request is present.
5. 11 Check the detail in “Open Actions” for a listing of pending approvers. Detail indicates that the request is pending manager approval with the manager and assistant information.
Hello
can you please tell me how we execute test cases that we write in Excel document or word document through QC?
please let me know

Thanks,
Ajay

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Execute button of putton won't be clicke automaticly in UFT (VB) MarUFT 3 2,444 11-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Not able to execute script shanthalaAR 0 1,935 06-27-2015, 03:53 AM
Last Post: shanthalaAR
  How to Execute a testset from QC using OTA framework AutomationTester2011 12 51,507 01-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Post: karthik_sanakran
  Automate Test cases shekhar NT 1 2,297 07-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: QTpier
  Is there a possible way to execute sql in QTP using 'WITH' clause shruthic 0 2,985 04-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: shruthic