Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add objects to repository, if QTP is not generated scripts automatically
Not Solved
My application was developed in .net and WPF
Question: When i am trying to click on File->New, the QTP is not generating script.
2. But when i do object spy on menu item, I can able to see properties

How to add objects to repository in above scenario to make it work.

Kindly do the needful.
sekhar
Not Solved
Hi Sekhar,

You can add these objects using "Object Repository Manager" under "Resource" option if you want to prepare a shared object repository. Otherwise you can add these to Local Repository using "Object Repository" under "Resource" option. Then you can code according to your requirement using these objects.

If it still doesn't work then you can make use of shortcut key. For e.g. to open a new file, let say you type ALT+F and then O, then following code should help you,

Code:
set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.sendkeys "%"+"F"+"O" (Here % is spl. character for ALT)

You can learn more about sendkeys method in Help file of QTP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB how can i automatically click ok button in msgbox popup test 11 24,065 07-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Last Post: akash warke
  UFT issues with Outsystems dynamically generated Id/names jherron 2 1,132 03-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Swishy70
  Test runned from QualityCenter generated an error "Attempted to divide by zero." robertosalemi 1 2,367 10-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Script is not generated for windows application in UFT sreelatha 1 2,163 04-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to add all objects manually in object repository rajaselvan.d 2 12,472 10-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Last Post: nivedita