Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to do scripting if application contains 3rd party controls
Not Solved
I am using QTP 9.2 with Dot net Addin
In my application i have a Grid named Smart Property grid. This Grid is a Dot net grid control and a 3rd party control.
But if i spy the grid i am getting swf name path of the grid

I am getting the property as swf object only. Grid also displays list boxes for few of the rows
And QTP records script with mouse coordinates

Can anybody help me in this please.

Please look into the attached screen shot for this

QTP Recorded Script is as below

How can i proceed with QTP for this problem. Any other tool helps me in this

Code:
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfTreeView("tvITKKTree").Select "TRAINING - DO NOT USE;India;Auto-Customer-03/12/2009 11:50"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfToolbar("SwfToolbar").ShowDropdown "New"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfToolbar("SwfToolbar").Select "File;New;Piston Compressor"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfToolbar("MenuStrip1").Select "File;New;Piston Compressor"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfEdit("SwfEdit").Set "Auto Compressor"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfObject("SwfObject_2").Click 360,334
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfObject("Unknown").Click 254,9
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfObject("SwfObject_2").SwfWindow("SwfWindow").SwfList("SwfList").Select "LMF"
SwfWindow("ITKK.NET").SwfObject("SwfObject_2").SwfWindow("SwfWindow").SwfList("SwfList").Type micReturn

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Hi,

You can use some more features provided by QTP to recognize the object. Like Smart Identification or Ordinal Identifier.
if QTP puts an Object in swfObject or WinObject or WebObject then it means QTP is not able to map an object to a standard class. try for other options to recognize the object.

If these methods fail then you can contact HP
Thanks,
Deepak
Not Solved
Hi,

I am scripting a .net window application.
How to set date for a date time picker control which is identified as a swfcalender but in the screen displaying as a dropdownbox.

Please note the syntax (setdate "9/10/2011") doesn't work.

Please suggest.
Not Solved
Hi Ramesh,
We faced a similar issue in one of our projects. The solution is to use Test Advantage, a third party add-in that helps QTP identify the dot net elements. with that add-in, the grid becomes recognied as swfgrid and the child objects under the grid as seperate panes . you can then mainpulate the object properties .
Thanks,
Jay
Hi Elora,
Try identifying the drop down boxes as seperate objects- one drop down for date, another for time, another for GMT and so on. Then use the entire parent object hierarchy to perfrom actions on that object like
Code:
swfwindow().swftable().swfcalendar().swflistbox().select 'item'
Hope this works.
Thanks,
Jay

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VB Scripting spixol 0 1,272 12-15-2019, 01:14 PM
Last Post: spixol
  How to identify controls embedded within WinListView cells Devesh Thakur 5 2,323 04-19-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Devesh Thakur
  VB scripting Aisha2015 0 2,288 08-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Aisha2015
  How to Access MS Excel Controls using QTP gayuamlu 0 2,045 06-13-2015, 02:06 AM
Last Post: gayuamlu
  Regarding Shell Scripting demoqtp 2 4,089 03-31-2015, 12:34 AM
Last Post: demoqtp