Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to enter value to a field in frame
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi,

Can anyone please tell how to enter value to a field available in a frame.

Date of Flight is available in Flight Schedule frame.

Code:
Window("Title:=Flight Reservation").WinEdit("AttachedText:=Flight Schedule:").WinObject("AttachedText:=Date of Flight:").Type "121212"

I tried in this way, but this is not working. i think somewhere i am doing wrong. can anyone please correct me.
----
When i am trying like this,

Code:
Window("Title:=Flight Reservation").WinEdit("AttachedText:=Date of Flight:").Type "121212"

i am getting the following error message:
The "[ WinEdit ]" object's description matches more than one of the objects currently displayed in your application. Add additional properties to the object description in order to uniquely identify the object.
Line (17):
Code:
"Window("Title:=Flight Reservation").WinEdit("AttachedText:=Date of Flight:").Type "121212"".

--
My Program logic is very simple. Open flight sample, enter values to the fields and close the sample.

Code:
Systemutil.Run "C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app\flight4a.exe","","","open"

With Window("Title:=Login")
.WinEdit("AttachedText:=Agent Name:").Set "jojo"
.WinEdit("AttachedText:=Password:").Set "mercury"
.winbutton("Text:=OK").Click
End with

Window("Title:=Flight Reservation").Activate
Window("Title:=Flight Reservation").Minimize
Window("Title:=Flight Reservation").Restore

Window("Title:=Flight Reservation").WinEdit("AttachedText:=Date of Flight:").Type "121212"

==

i am attaching the sample also.
It's clearly evident, you need to add more properties:=value pair to uniquely identify the Descriptive programming statements.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Ok. Thanks Ankur for the Reply. I will add the properties to uniquely identify the objects

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile I am not getting links under a frame deveshbhatt29 1 1,953 05-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Facing issue with Java Table to press Enter Key from Keyboard Nasir Ahmed 0 4,389 05-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Nasir Ahmed
Question QTP Script for enter data to DB geethu105 2 3,145 02-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  Unable to enter data in web table nistalaramesh 8 10,245 07-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Last Post: nistalaramesh
  How to enter data into textbox which is under the image link. Lakshman 4 4,955 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: inborntester