Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to execute Chunk of my test script on new window using SystemUtil.Run function
Not Solved
I have a QTP test script to do some operations on my web application. Now here is my business scenario

1-Login in application with User A ( User name becomes part of browser title window)
2-User A do some tasks and allocate others to user B
3-User B should login and check what tasks are allocated to me.
///////////////////////
4-now to accomplish above task i am using SystemUtil.Run, APPURL
method to open my required application
5- QTP opens application login into application ( Becuase login function
have test object descriptions different than base browser which user A used.
6- Next step is User B to open allocated ( Using same reusable function user A used to open allocated task window ) task window, where the problem is that rather than working on new window it goes back to base window i.e. User A window.

Do I need to record this reuable function again for user B. so it dont go on base user A window

I wantQTP to work on newly opened application

If it is difficult to extract the problem please see attached screenshort

Regards,
Umer

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
I am still facing this issue. Is it mean that opeing two browser windows during run session in parallel not a good approach. Perhaps QTP gets confused if AUT is opened in two browsers.

In my above case all I can do is logout USER A first and login with USER B. Once second user is done with its tasks all it can do is logout and initial user i.e. user A can re-login

Taking assumptions waiting for your response
Not Solved
it is possible to handle two browsers with QTP. QTP differentiate between the two with 'Creation time'

you can use the same reusable again taking care of creation time.

Not Solved
Saket I am unable to get how to pic creation time. Because the base window is the one QTP using to run first 10 scripts. The next login widow is the one created by SystemUtil.Run, APPURL
but QTP stuck on login page the moment i close the base window it starts login operation on the newly created window. Its really frustrating. I am searching for some Handle to window wor something else as QTP itself not seem picking it up

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object doesn't support this property or method: 'window(...).window(...).winobject' senthil5683 1 3,490 07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  How to run multiple iterations only on a set of lines in script amit25007 0 2,239 05-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Last Post: amit25007
  Test Set Run automatically Santhosh311 0 2,281 04-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Santhosh311
Rolleyes The test run cannot continue due to an unrecoverable error neerndg123 3 8,416 09-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: ananthakumarbe
  Calling a Function in Function Library when function is defined in an Action jitenderkkr 0 2,766 11-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jitenderkkr